UH Samaritan Athletic Training Program Provides Area Schools With Medical Expertise
University Hospitals Samaritan Medical Center partners with local school districts to provide athletic trainers at sporting events and other community venues.
When needed, our athletic trainers work closely with therapists from UH Samaritan Rehabilitation Center and other medical specialists.
- A certified athletic trainer to cover mutually scheduled practices and events
- Concussion baseline testing for athletes
- Coordination of appropriate emergency care and First Aid for injured athletes
- Communication between the parent, physician, rehabilitation team and coach regarding evaluation, treatment, rehabilitation and return to competitive status
- Supervision for the use and operation of the athletic training room
- Resources to help ensure the health and welfare of students
UH Samaritan Student Athlete Awards Program
UH Samaritan's student athlete awards program recognizes one male and one female athlete from each school district who participates in our Athletic Trainer program. Working with each of the district's athletic directors, these athletes earned recognition based on:
- Contribution to their sport
- Dedication to their team
- Participation as a leader
- Academic performance
Athletes are recognized in the fall, winter and spring.