Rainbow Interdisciplinary Substance Exposure (RISE) Program
The Rainbow Interdisciplinary Substance Exposure (RISE) program provides team-based care for mothers who have previously or are currently experiencing substance use or addiction, as well as care for their children.
More InformationFor more information, please call our RISE Coordinators at 216-675-6770 or e-mail RISE@UHhospitals.org.
What is RISE?
RISE is a team of health care professionals specializing in women’s health, addiction medicine, pediatrics and mental-behavioral health. The RISE team supports mothers through their pregnancy and post-birth journey while also providing care for children who have been exposed to substances. In partnership with program participants, RISE offers an individualized approach to care that creates opportunities for patients to overcome barriers to better health and the well-being of their families. Patients can enter RISE through any of the three clinics that make up the program.
Rainbow Interdisciplinary Substance Exposure (RISE) ProgramRISE-Moms offers simultaneous addiction care and OB care for expecting and postpartum women. Both on-site and virtual appointments are available depending on the level of care needed. Our goal is to meet birthing parents where they’re at and come up with goals and solutions together.
RISE Moms Program
RISE-Moms offers simultaneous addiction care and OB care for expecting and postpartum women. Both on-site and virtual appointments are available depending on the level of care needed. Our goal is to meet birthing parents where they’re at and come up with goals and solutions together.
Moms will receive:
- Prenatal and postnatal health checks
- Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT) with buprenorphine
- Medication treatment for dual diagnosis
- Customized information related to substance use, mood disorders, and recovery in the perinatal period
- Mental and behavioral health support
- Connections to community partners addressing a range of family needs
RISE Primary Care Pediatric Program
Once moms deliver, children and their caregivers can start or continue their journey through our RISE Pediatric Program to ensure a safe and healthy start in life. Families will receive:
- Comprehensive pediatric primary care
- Consultative services with mental and behavioral health professionals
- Linkages to specialized pediatric services when needed
- Ongoing community resources and support
RISE Developmental-Behavioral Pediatric Program
RISE Pediatrics includes additional support from RISE-Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrics and Psychology (DBPP), a pediatric specialty clinic that provides in-depth evaluation of children exposed to substances prenatally. This evaluation includes:
- Medical, developmental and learning evaluations
- Behavioral therapy and medication treatment options
- Connecting patients to community services and supports