Application Process for UH Cleveland Volunteers
Individuals wishing to volunteer at University Hospitals are expected to:
- Complete a volunteer application.
- Provide two completed reference form from someone in a leadership/advisory role; this is an interactive form that can be saved and sent to UHClevelandVolunteer@UHhospitals.org.
- Have an interview with a member of the Volunteer Services Department staff.
- Complete a free PPD/tuberculosis test; some areas of the hospital may require additional testing.
- Attend a new volunteer orientation and training.
- Complete background screening.
Volunteers at University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center should be willing to commit to a minimum of six months or 50 service hours. Volunteer assignments typically require three hours per week. Please consider carefully whether this time commitment will fit your schedule or other life commitments.
Benefits to Volunteers
In appreciation of the support and time our volunteers contribute, UH Cleveland Medical Center offers benefits to volunteers which include, but are not limited to:
- Free convenient parking
- Annual volunteer appreciation event
- Discounts in the gift shop, cafeteria and pharmacy
- Meal ticket after each four-hour shift (not to exceed three per week)
- Complimentary annual flu vaccine