College Volunteer Opportunities at UH Cleveland Medical Center
College Application Process
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center. College students wishing to volunteer are expected to follow the below steps.
- View volunteer opportunities and choose your top 3 choices.
- Complete a volunteer application and list your top choices within the application.
- Provide two completed references forms from someone in a leadership/advisory role.
- Sign up for an upcoming orientation.
- Prior to the orientation, read and sign these forms.
- Prior to the orientation, view this presentation and complete the orientation quiz and COVID-19 quiz located at the end. You may find helpful information in our volunteer manual as well.
- Prior to the orientation, complete the compliance training and take a screenshot of the certificate at the end.
- Prior to the orientation, complete the health screening form with your primary care physician or university health center.
All completed forms should be submitted to UHClevelandVolunteer@UHhospitals.org
Once you complete the volunteer orientation and are assigned to a role, you may be required to attend an additional trainings. Additional trainings are listed below:
- COVID-19 Training (for returning volunteers only)
- Center for Emergency Medicine
- Rainbow Babies and Children
Volunteering is a serious commitment. You must commit to one shift each week and a total of at least 50 hours. Our patients and staff are depending on you! If you are not confident at this time that you can fulfill this commitment, you can apply at an alternate time.
Benefits to Volunteers
In appreciation of the support and time our volunteers contribute, UHCMC offers benefits to volunteers which include, but are not limited to:
- Free convenient parking
- Annual Volunteer Appreciation Week
- Discounts in the gift shop, cafeteria, and pharmacy
- $5 meal voucher for cafeteria after each 4-hour shift up to 3x a week
- Career exploration
- Opportunity to fulfill educational and service requirements