Room Amenities at UH Cleveland Provide Convenience and Comfort
UH Cleveland Medical Center staff is dedicated to ensuring a patient’s stay at our hospital is as comfortable as possible. Individuals have access to a number of services from the convenience of their private room.
One View TV and Internet Service
Our One View Interactive Television System is a free service that allows you to watch cable television and movies on demand, play games and access the Internet, all on the television in your room. The system also provides important patient education and information about the hospital. Use the One View remote control attached to your bed to navigate the system. To access the Internet, ask your nurse for a wireless keyboard. For instructions and a channel directory, please refer to the guide on your nightstand.
Each patient bed is equipped with a call light that allows you to request help from the nursing staff. Once you press the light, the unit secretary will answer your call, assess the urgency of your need or question, and get you an answer or the help you need as soon as possible. Some call lights are part of the remote control, some are part of the bed and some are attached to the bed by a cord. Your nurse can explain how to operate your call light.
UH Cleveland Medical Center is pleased to provide free wireless high-speed Internet access for our patients and guests. To connect, please follow these steps:
- Turn on your laptop or other Wi-Fi device with wireless enabled
- Connect to the wireless network “UH Guest”
- Launch your web browser and go to the website UHhospitals.org
- If you do not see the UH welcome page, you may need to configure the SSID or network name to “UH_Guest”
Patients can make free unlimited local calls from their hospital room phones. To call outside the hospital:
- Local calls – Dial 9, then the number
- Long-distance calls – Dial 9,then 0, to reach the long-distance operator. You can call collect, charge the call to your home phone or another number, or use a credit card, prepaid phone card or calling card. If you have questions, please ask your nurse.
To call within the hospital:
- Dial the five digit extension (for example, ext. 41000)
Cell phones may be used in regular hospital rooms and throughout UH Cleveland Medical Center with certain exceptions. Please refrain from using your cell phone when you see a sign prohibiting its use.
Environmental Services (Housekeeping)
Our Environmental Services teams strive to keep your room clean and sanitary. We offer “Housekeeping Upon Request” service, so should you have a housekeeping need, please call. We aim to be environmentally friendly by using sustainable products, conserving resources, and reducing waste, noise and odors.
Environmental Services: ext. 43071 or 216-844-3071 from outside the hospital (24 hours a day, seven days a week)