What Do You Know About Osteoporosis?
Osteoporosis is a disease that thins and weakens a person's bones. It makes them less dense and more fragile. Test your knowledge of this disease by taking the following quiz.
Gendered terms are used here to talk about anatomy and health risk. Please use this information in a way that works best for you and your provider as you talk about your care.
1. At what age do you have the most bone density?
2. Which of these activities could cause a broken bone in someone with osteoporosis?
3. How many women ages 50 and older have at least 1 broken bone because of brittle bones?
4. When do men lose bone at the same rate as women?
5. Which of these makes it more likely that you will get osteoporosis?
6. Which test is used to screen for osteoporosis?
7. What causes a curved or hunched back (stooped posture)?
8. Which kind of exercise can help prevent osteoporosis?
9. How can osteoporosis be prevented?
10. How is osteoporosis treated?