Promoting Diversity in the Workplace
Our efforts to promote a culture of mutual respect and understanding at University Hospitals begin with the formation and continuation of the Diversity Council, which is made up of senior leaders, employees, physicians, nurses and administrators. The council teams with the Cultural Diversity Committee of the Board of Directors to help shape our strategy for implementing diversity and inclusion programs throughout the system. We also strive to empower UH employees to embrace diversity and explore ways to incorporate it into the workplace through various other staff committees and groups.
Employee Resource Groups
- Diversity Council – created to ensure that diversity and inclusion are an integral part of our culture. The Council must include senior leadership from physicians, nurses, administrators, advisors and those serving in key functional areas.
- Employee Committee for Diversity and Inclusion
- Minority House Staff – serves as a social and peer support group as well as a link to career mentoring for minority house staff at University Hospitals and minority medical students at the Case Western School University of Medicine.
- Minority Leadership Committee
- Diverse Nursing Council
- Minority Faculty Committee