Sleep Disorders and Stroke
January 25, 2023
Cathy Sila, MD, Director of University Hospitals System Stroke Program, will moderate a panel discussion focusing on sleep disorders and stroke with the following experts:
- John Andrefsky, MD: Sleep disorders as a risk factor for stroke and sleep disorders because of a stroke.
- Susheel Patil, MD, PhD: What is a sleep study, how is it done, and how are the results used?
- Deborah Ewing-Wilson, DO: Sleep hygiene and SMART goals for improving sleep quality.
- Learn more about UH Sleep Services.
- Schedule an appointment with the UH Sleep Specialist.
Sleep disorders plague stroke survivors and put them at risk. Sleep problems – including insomnia, troubled breathing while asleep, restless legs in the evening and unconscious leg movements – are more common in stroke survivors than the public, according to the study published in the American Heart Association Journal. Join our experts for an in-depth discussion on Sleep and Stroke. Following the panel discussion, all participants will be available to address questions from attendees.