Fads vs Evidence-based Practices for Managing Pain
January 18, 2022
With so many recommendations being found nowadays on the internet for managing your pain -- magnetic bracelets, splints, braces, TENS, copper, etc. -- which ones really work? Join an expert from University Hospitals Rehabilitation Services to find out which strategies are best for managing your pain.
Join William Clarke Seyler Jr. of UH Rehabilitation Services as he addresses these issues along with the following:
- Why am I in pain? Reasons why the body produces a painful response.
- What are the best treatments for pain? What should I do or not do?
- Common over-the-counter treatments for pain. What does the research say? Does any of it work?
- Who is on my healthcare team? What role in my wellness and health do they play? How can I get the most out of my health care team?
- What are the best strategies for living a fulfilling life and not being limited by pain?
Tags: Pain Management