Immediate Access to Orthopedic Care for Broken Bones, Sprains, Strains and More
If you have a broken bone or an injury that needs immediate attention, University Hospitals has five walk-in orthopedic injury clinics located in Northeast Ohio that fast-track your care with one hassle-free visit - and without multiple appointments or a pricey trip to the ER. In addition to our general Ortho Injury Clinics, which serve patients of all ages, we offer the UH Rainbow Orthopedic Injury Clinic, which provides same-day care for kids, teens and young adults with orthopedic injuries. Our walk-in clinics do not require an appointment.
Why Choose an Orthopedic Injury Clinic?
Urgent orthopedic care for children and adults
Care delivered by trained orthopedic adult and pediatric specialists
Next-day surgery, if necessary
Significant cost savings when compared to an ER visit
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who will I see at the Orthopedic Injury Clinic?
Care is delivered by trained orthopedic adult and pediatric specialists.
- How do I know when to go to an Orthopedic Injury Clinic versus scheduling a clinic appointment with one of the physicians?
If you have a sudden injury as the result of an accident, sports, or other intense physical activity, then you will want to visit the Ortho Injury Clinic. These injuries include, but are not limited to, sprains and strains, closed fractures, minor dislocations, swollen or painful joints, and any sudden or severe pain. If you have an ongoing condition, a minor injury with minimal pain, or need to schedule a follow up visit, you should schedule an appointment.
- Where should you take kids and teens for orthopedic care?
If your child injures an arm after a fall from their bike or twists a knee on the soccer field, they should be evaluated by a pediatric orthopedic specialist. Similarly, if your child is experiencing muscle or joint pain and you suspect a fracture, they should see a pediatric orthopedic specialist. The pediatric orthopedic specialists who run the UH Rainbow Orthopedic Injury Clinic have extensive expertise and experience in this specialty field.
- What are the benefits of kid-focused orthopedic care?
- Orthopedic care specialized for pediatric patients
- Access to imaging that uses up to 80-percent lower radiation than traditional x-rays
- Access to an advanced, child-friendly pediatric sedation unit that provides comfort and support for imaging and treating fractures
- Innovative therapies that allow us to minimize use of prescription pain medications
- Access to child life specialists who explain procedures and treatments to kids to increase their understanding and reduce their anxiety
- We are a full-service children's hospital with experts in all children's specialties; our pediatric orthopedic specialists collaborate with other pediatric subspecialists, sharing their expertise about treatments and their long-term impact on growing bones.
- How do children’s bones differ from adult bones?
The bones of pediatric patients differ from adult bones in many significant ways. Children’s bones are more flexible and in a continuous state of growth. Consequently, kids require a different approach to orthopedic injury evaluation and care.
- Will there be a wait?
We wish we could guarantee you little or no wait time. Our Orthopedic Injury Clinic is run in conjunction with our physicians’ regular clinic schedules. Since there is no way to predict how many weekend warriors will need our expert care we can’t guarantee no wait. Each and every one of our patients is important to us. We will give you the appropriate treatment and the time you need.
- Do I need to make an appointment for the Orthopedic Injury Clinic?
No appointments are necessary – just walk in during the orthopedic injury clinic hours.
- Will my insurance company cover my visit?
It is highly recommended that you call your insurance provider to determine if you need a referral to see an orthopedic specialist.
UH Ahuja Medical Center
Kathy Risman Pavilion
Office Hours for Adult and Pediatric Patients:
Monday – Friday:
8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Open from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. Christmas and New Year’s Eve
Closed on Christmas and New Year’s Day
Special Hours When UH Rainbow Pediatric Orthopedic Specialists Are on Duty:
Monday – Friday:
1 – 4 p.m.
Treats babies and children
(0 - 17 years old)
Schedule an Appointment with a Specialist
Read how UH Orthopedic Injury Clinic was able to quickly and accurately diagnose Aaron Manis’ injury and help him get back on the field in time for a run at another state championship.