Common Questions About UH Personal Health Record
- What is the difference between the UH Electronic Medical Record and your UH Personal Health Record?
The UH Electronic Medical Record (also called EMR) has all of your University Hospitals health records stored on a computer system. It is an electronic version of a paper chart. The EMR is what your health care team uses to keep track of your health.
The UH Personal Health Record (also called PHR) is not the same as the electronic medical record. It does not have your complete UH health record information. Instead, your PHR has certain health info that is copied from the UH EMR.
Your PHR lets you collect, share and keep track of certain info about your health or the health of someone in your care. You can also store things like your medications, allergies, health problems and lab results in your PHR.
- How do you ensure my medical information is secure?
Keeping your medical information secure and private is one of our top priorities. FollowMyHealth™ (FMH) is the PHR administrator. Here are the steps we have taken to make sure the information in your PHR is secure.
- Secure Login
- The PHR offers a secure login option that lets you create a username and password specifically for your PHR account.
- You also may sign in to your PHR with your username and password for an existing Facebook, Google, Yahoo or Windows Live account. We never share the information in your PHR with these websites.
- Encryption: Encryption makes your information unreadable as it is sent over the Internet. Federal patient privacy laws and regulations require the encryption of all information sent to and from the PHR. This ensures that any messages, appointment requests or prescription refill requests sent through the PHR are secure.
- Your medical information stored in your PHR is also encrypted. The PHR uses Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology for your login, shown as “HTTPS” in your browser's address bar. SSL technology is an industry standard for securing communication over the Internet and is commonly used by online shopping sites and banks. Information in your PHR and any messages you send to your provider’s office are coded, or encrypted, so your information is protected.
- Release of Information
- When you set up your PHR, FMH asks you to sign a release of information electronically.
- By electronically signing this form:
- You give UH permission to have portions of your UH medical record uploaded and securely stored in your PHR.
- You accept responsibility for all of your data in your PHR.
- UH does not release any medical information without a signed release of information form.
Federal Patient Privacy Laws and Regulations: UH is a “Covered Entity” under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). As a Covered Entity, UH is bound to protect the privacy of individually identifiable health information and to meet certain standards for the security of electronic protected health information.
When you agree to the release of information and participate in the PHR, UH is still obligated to maintain the privacy and security of your medical information while it is under UH’s control. You are granting UH permission to release this information to FMH for the creation of your personal health record.
- Federal patient privacy laws and regulations protect the security of your health information.
- These laws forbid UH or FMH to share your information with anyone without your permission.
- Secure Login
- How can I get support for MyUHCare and my personal health record
There are several online support materials available within the PHR, including a knowledge base with answers to PHR questions from other patients, a tutorial video and a step-by-step user guide. To view these materials, click on My Account in your PHR, then click on Support from the drop-down box (see below). Scroll to the bottom of the window that opens to find links for the knowledge base, video and user guide.
For technical support relating to the FollowMyHealth™ online tool, please review the following options:
- Call: 888-670-9775 Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Email support: email@example.com
- User Manual
General or technical questions
For general or technical questions about UH Personal Health Record, contact FollowMyHealth™ Patient Service at 888-670-9775. Representatives will be available to assist you Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org.