University Hospitals Osteopathic Consortium Prerequisites for Non-Osteopathic Physicians
The following prerequisites are required for a non-osteopathic physician to complete PRIOR to entering any University Hospitals Community Consortium (UHCC) ACGME Osteopathic Recognition training program. Candidates must provide documentation of completing the following:
- A minimum of 120 hours of formal training in Osteopathic Principles and Practices, including the application of OMT.
- The 120 hours must include:
- 60 hours of formal didactics provided by an accredited organization (AOA AAO, AACOM, ACOEP, ACOPMR and ACOI), osteopathic medical school, or a training site with AOA and or ACGME Osteopathic Principles and Practices, including the application of OMT.
- 60 hours in a clinical setting where OPP/OMT is utilized as a significant contribution in the management of patients under the supervision of an osteopathically trained physician.
- The applicant must submit a letter that describes their interest in entering the ACGME Osteopathic Recognition program to be reviewed by the recruiting committee for that specialty.
The residency candidate must have a letter of recommendation from an osteopathic physician who utilizes OPP in their practice setting.