The Sleep Medicine Fellowship Program's academic year starts with one week of orientation, followed by two months of summer camp didactic lectures that cover the basics of sleep medicine essentials for the fellowship training. Opportunities for local, regional and national sleep medicine conference participation include:
- Weekly Sleep Medicine Grand Rounds: A series of lectures by University Hospitals, The Louis Stokes Cleveland VA Medical Center, MetroHealth and visiting faculty on sleep medicine topics.
- Case Presentations/Journal eClub/Problem-based learning: Fellows present an overview of interesting cases seen in outpatient clinic followed by problem-based learning discussions. These presentations take place Friday afternoons after clinic.
- Wake up to Sleep Disorders: Fellows attend this annual sleep medicine conference on sleep medicine specific disorders offered by the Cleveland Clinic Foundation.
- Kim Richmond Memorial Conference: Each fellow presents a topic at the annual CE conference held in spring for respiratory therapists and sleep technologists.
- Annual Sleep Meeting (APSS): Fellows are encouraged to attend the annual large national sleep meeting, typically held in June of each year.