Emergency Room at UH Richmond Medical Center
Providing Fast, Efficient Care When Every Second Counts
To keep you and your family safe and healthy, UH continues to provide 24/7 emergency care at our emergency room locations. Learn more
We appreciate your trust in us for care and want to assure you that University Hospitals remains committed to keeping you and your family healthy, and will continue to provide you with the health care services you need.
Our emergency room remains open 24/7/365 for walk-in emergency care. The health and safety of our patients and staff is our top priority, so we are following best practices for cleanliness, infection control and employee health at all of our facilities. As an added precaution, we ask that patients experiencing flu-like symptoms call before coming into the ER. By answering our COVID-19 screening questions honestly, we will be able to provide you with the appropriate level of care while ensuring the safety of all ER patients.
University Hospitals Richmond Medical Center, a campus of UH Regional Hospitals, delivers 24-hour emergency care to adults and pediatrics patients in a state-of-the-art facility. Our emergency room offers immediate access to an expert team of multidisciplinary specialists and is equipped with the most advanced technology available.
Features and Services
UH Richmond Medical Center specialists are highly trained to deliver fast, expert care that is close to home. At our facility, patients and their loved ones have access to the following:
- Remote EKG to streamline care for patients following a heart event
- A staff trained in emergency medicine and trauma care
- An ER specially designed for seniors
- More beds to lessen wait times
- New waiting area designed for patient convenience
- Fast track treatment rooms to quickly serve patients with minor illnesses or injuries
- Chest Pain and Stroke Centers
UH Richmond Medical Center is proud to offer emergency services dedicated to the specific needs of senior adults. This facility provides:
- Access to expert doctors and nurses specifically trained in senior care, available all day, every day
- Patient assessment within 30 minutes of arrival
- Amenities that cater to senior needs, including soft lighting, safety rails, visual and hearing assistive devices, mattresses that reduce pressure on skin and aching backs and more