Welcome to UH Geneva Medical Center
At University Hospitals Geneva Medical Center, we want to make sure that everyone who walks through our doors feels welcome and comfortable, including patients, families, friends and guests.
Our visitor services section gives you general information about the services and amenities that are available to all of our visitors, including visiting hours, food options and contact information.
- Phone directory: Our directory includes numbers from the various department departments within UH Geneva Medical Center. If you are unsure of which number you need or for general questions, please call the main desk at 440-466-1141.
- Dining: Get information on our cafeteria as well as other meal options at UH Geneva Medical Center.
Visiting Hours and Guidelines for UH Geneva Medical Center
We welcome and encourage friends and family to visit patients.
Although we have no formal visiting hours and try to be as flexible as possible, under certain circumstances it may be necessary to limit visitation. For example, visitation may be restricted to abide by a patient’s preferences, to control the spread of infection, to heed a physician or nurse’s best clinical judgment or if visitation interferes with patient care, to maintain privacy or to ensure a quiet, restful atmosphere.
UH Geneva Visitation Guidelines
- Please check with the nurse for specific visitation guidelines for your nursing unit.
- We recommend limiting the number of support persons (visitors) at any one time to two per patient.
- Please check with nursing personnel before visiting with children and infants.
- Please don’t visit if you are sick, have a cold or other illness.
- Ensure that children who visit are supervised by an adult other than the patient.
- Keep voices low.
- Please do not bring latex balloons to the hospital.
Medical Surgical Units Visiting Hours
10 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Open visitation during visiting hours is welcomed as patient condition and unit activity allows. Children under 12 years of age may visit on Sunday afternoons and must be accompanied and supervised by an adult family member or friend who is responsible for the children’s safety and must attend to the children at all times.
Intensive Care Unit (ICU) Visiting Hours
ICU visiting hours are open at the discretion of the ICU patient care staff. Our visiting guidelines for the ICU are designed to allow visitation while giving each patient the best possible chance of overcoming serious illness. Visitors must be immediate family members or a person designated by the patient. Children under the age of 13 are not permitted. Visitors should use the phone outside the ICU entrance to check with the nurse prior to visiting. While visitation in the ICU is open and welcomed as patient condition and unit activity allows, staff may ask visitors to step out of the unit in the event of an emergency situation.
For information such as directions around the hospital, a telephone number to a patient’s room or help getting in touch with a nurse manager, please contact Patient Information or stop by the information desk in the main lobby.
Patient Information: 223, or 440-466-1141 from outside the hospital
Other Visitor Services Available at UH Geneva
UH Geneva Medical Center provides free high-speed wireless internet access for our patients and visitors. To connect, please follow these steps:
- Turn on your WiFi-enabled device: smartphone, tablet or laptop.
- Connect to the wireless network UH_Guest.
- Launch the web browser and go to the website www.UHhospitals.org.
- Read the user agreement and click Accept.
- If you do not see a UH welcome page, you may need to configure the SSID or network name to UH_Guest.
Lost and Found
If you find an item that doesn’t belong to you or you are missing one that may have been left in the hospital, please visit the main lobby reception desk and ask the attendant to contact Protective Services for you.
Cell phones may be used throughout the hospital, but please respect the privacy and dignity of others.
For the health and safety of our patients and staff, UH Geneva Medical Center is a smoke-free campus. Visitors, patients and staff are asked to not smoke in any area of the hospital or on hospital grounds.