Laboratory Services at UH Geauga Medical Center
University Hospitals Geauga Medical Center’s laboratory medicine services provide convenient, up-to-date clinical and anatomic lab services for residents in northern Ohio. Our sophisticated, computerized testing techniques offer complete assurance to both doctors and patients that our lab services are comprehensive and accurate.440-285-6000
13207 Ravenna Road
Chardon, OH 44024
Capable and Credentialed Professionals
Laboratory services at UH Geauga Medical Center are certified by the College of American Pathologists (CAP) and The Joint Commission, as well as Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA), a government program that ensures quality lab testing.
Our testing professionals are certified in Laboratory Medicine. Also, our technologists have earned degrees in medical technology and are certified through the American Society of Clinical Pathologists/American Medical Technologists.
Accurate and Complete Lab Services
Located at UH Geauga Medical Center in Chardon, Ohio, we process tests efficiently and provide an array of processing time frames and communication options, including:
- Routine test results that are faxed to the physician’s office by end of day
- Blood draws are offered at Building One from 8 a.m. – 4 p.m., Monday – Friday.
- Urgent or expedited (STAT) lab tests that are completed and faxed within one hour of receipt
- Send-out lab test results that are available within five to seven days
- Lab results that are available upon completion on the University Hospitals Physician Portal
- Results that are localized through University Hospitals laboratory information system (LIS) system, including information from all UH facilities, not just UH Geauga Medical Center
- Results that are available on the UH Electronic Health Record (EHR)
Because our lab services are partnered with the reference laboratory at University Hospitals main campus, any urgent or STAT testing not performed at UH Geauga Medical Center will be sent to University Hospitals with results available in just two to three hours.
Scheduled Appointments and Walk-In Service at UH Geauga Medical Center
University Hospitals Geauga Medical Center in Chardon, Ohio, welcomes walk-in patients, as well as those with regularly scheduled appointments for all lab work processing.
For Saturday testing, appointments are recommended. Please call us 24 to 48 hours in advance at 440-285-6459 to schedule any lab test, but especially for Saturday appointment availability.
Checklist Reminder for Patients
For accurate testing, patients need to follow the physician’s order for blood draw preparation. Also, please bring the following to the lab appointment:
- Current identification and address
- Current insurance information
Convenient Lab Hours
UH Geauga Medical Center, 13207 Ravenna Road, Chardon 44024
- Monday through Friday: 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Saturdays 8 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Sunday and Holidays: Closed
UH Concord Health Center, 7500 Auburn Road, Concord Township 44077
- Monday - Friday 7 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
UH Geauga Health Center, 13221 Ravenna Road, Building 1, Suite 4, Chardon 44024
- Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Closed daily 12:30 - 1 p.m.
Phone: 440-214-3312 / Fax: 216-201-8027