Helping Patients Return to Independent Living After Joint Replacement or Trauma
The orthopedic rehabilitation program at University Hospitals Avon Rehabilitation Hospital provides comprehensive care for individuals who have had bi-lateral hip or knee replacements or other orthopedic trauma. The program is designed to provide the patient with the individualized treatment plan to maximize their independence, with the goal of helping them achieve their full potential.
The orthopedic rehabilitation program features:
- A team approach to evaluation and treatment
- Individualized treatment plans based on specific patient needs
- Caring, attentive staff members
- Recovery goals carefully measured throughout every rehabilitation stage
- Long-term results
- Case management
- Discharge planning
- Patient/family conferences and education
At UH Avon Rehabilitation Hospital, a multidisciplinary team of care providers specializing in physical medicine and rehabilitation provides care for patients recovering from joint replacement surgery or other orthopedic injuries.
In addition, joint replacement/orthopedic team clinicians collaborate with patients’ surgical team and offer access to a range of medical specialists from University Hospitals.