- What To Expect From Your Care Team
- We will explain diseases and conditions, treatments and results
- We will provide a safe and healthy environment and keep your treatments, discussion and records confidential
- We will partner with you in making health care decisions
- We will provide you with evidence-based tools, resources and education that will help you manage your health
- We will coordinate with you, your authorized representatives and other health care providers
- What We Expect From Our Patients
- Keep us up-to-date on your medications, immunizations, allergies and conditions
- Inform us of recent procedures, tests, hospitalizations or visits with other medical care providers
- Advise us of any important family medical history and provide updates as needed
- Inform and authorize all your medical care providers to coordinate with us
- Participate in decisions about your health
- Follow treatment plans
- Come prepared to your appointment with questions about your health
In general, prescriptions for medications are not called in without a physician seeing and examining the patient first.
For prescription refills, please call our office with this information: Full name, date of birth, phone number, prescription, dosage and pharmacy’s name and phone number. Refills will be called in to a pharmacy within 24 hours.
Our electronic medical record allows us to e-prescribe any prescriptions at your appointment within seconds. This will allow us to keep better track of all medications you are currently or have been taking, even if prescribed by another office. For prescription refills please try to give as much advance notice as possible; feel free to leave a message for the nurse, we ask that for most refills your child’s physical is up-to-date.
Medications that are more closely regulated by the FDA have different requirements for prescribers. We are required by law to see your child regularly to monitor medication use and usefulness.
We see patients by appointment only. We offer patients two convenient ways to schedule an appointment.
Patients can call our office directly at 216-765-1180 to speak with a receptionist, who will arrange an appointment with the doctor of your choice, or patients can visit our Meet the Team page to book an appointment online, 24 hours a day.
- Forms and Policies
Physical forms can be dropped off during normal business hours. Forms will be available for pickup after 48 hours.
- Specialists Referrals
If one of our providers recommends you see a specialist, we suggest you check with your insurance company to verify whether the specialist is on your insurance plan. If you need an insurance referral, please schedule the appointment and contact our office at least three days prior to your appointment.
- After-hours & Emergencies
After regular office hours, a doctor is always available. If you have an urgent matter about which you need to speak with a doctor, call our office at 216-765-1180, and follow the recorded instructions. A doctor will return your call promptly.
With more than 200 University Hospitals locations, there are many different places to go for care. While emergency rooms can handle the most serious of medical issues, our primary care doctors, urgent care clinics and virtual visits provide similar levels of care for conditions that are not life-threatening or emergency situations. At UH, we believe good health starts with great primary care, and that should be your first choice for care.
However, there are times when a virtual or urgent care visit may be an alternative option for minor illnesses and injuries.
In the event of a life-threatening emergency, call 9-1-1 or visit the nearest emergency room.
Click here for convenient options near you.
- Health Record
You have the ability to access your health information online from any computer, tablet or smart phone, using University Hospitals Personal Health Record (PHR). This system allows you to receive lab and radiology results, email a doctor, refill a prescription, request or change appointments and so much more – all from the comfort of home or on-the-go, available 24/7.
- Pay Your Bill
You can now quickly and easily pay your provider bill online using our convenient online bill pay tool.
- Insurance & Billing
We accept most forms of insurance including:
- Medical Mutual
- United Health Care
- Some forms of Medicaid
Please bring your insurance card and driver’s license to each visit to ensure we have the correct information. All co-payments are expected at the time of service. You will receive a monthly statement for all outstanding balances.