What Do You Know About Prediabetes?
Take this quiz to find out how to cut your risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
Anyone age 35 or older should be tested for diabetes. Because your risk rises as you get older, talk with your healthcare provider about testing if you are 35 or older. If you are younger than 35, you should be tested if you are overweight and at least 1 of these describes you:
- A family history of diabetes
- Low HDL cholesterol levels and high triglyceride levels
- High blood pressure
- A history of cardiovascular disease, such as a heart attack or a stroke
- A history of diabetes during pregnancy or a baby born weighing more than 9 pounds
- A member of a minority group that includes African American, American Indian, Alaska Native, Hispanic American, or Asian American/Pacific Islander