What Do You Know About the Common Cold?
1. More than 200 viruses cause colds.
2. Frequent handwashing can reduce your chances of getting a cold.
3. Frequently cleaning telephones, countertops, and faucets in your home when a family member has a cold can help keep the illness from spreading.
4. Wearing warm clothing, staying out of cold drafts, and not going outside with wet hair can keep you from catching a cold.
5. Over-the-counter cold/cough medicines can cure a cold.
6. Keeping your fingers out of your eyes and nose can help keep you from getting a cold.
7. It's better to cough or sneeze into a tissue than into your hands.
8. Drinking lots of liquids can help you recover from a cold.
9. Drinking alcohol and smoking cigarettes can make you feel worse when you have a cold.
10. Most colds can be self-treated at home.
11. Antibiotics can cure the common cold.