Innovative Treatment Approaches
Our multidisciplinary teams, which include surgeons, medical oncologists and radiation therapists, work together to offer aggressive, innovative treatments, minimally invasive surgical techniques and access to promising clinical trials, all delivered with a patient-centered approach for optimum results.
The innovative technologies and treatment innovations we offer include:
- Intraoperative Electron Radiation Therapy (IOERT) - facilitates the precise delivery of radiation during surgery. UH Seidman Cancer Center is the only hospital in Northeast Ohio to offer IOERT.
- Trans-oral (robotic and laser) treatment of HPV+ and HPV- cancers of the tonsil and tongue base.
- Oncologic-laryngeal endoscopic and open procedures with preservation of voice and swallow function.
- Proton Therapy - a highly targeted radiation delivery system that minimizes damage to surrounding healthy tissue. The Proton Therapy Center at UH was the first in Ohio.
- Endoscopic techniques for cancers of the anterior skull base, avoid external incisions on the face.
- Integrated cutaneous oncology program for advanced skin malignancies.
- Genetic analysis of tumors to guide personalized therapy.
- Access to innovative clinical trials
- Integrated services including speech and language pathology, physical therapy, social work and nutrition.