Evaluation & Prevention of Existing Heart Disorders and Potential Heart Disease
Our expert cardiologists collaborate with every other center in the University Hospitals Harrington Heart & Vascular Institute; so no matter what problem you may be experiencing, we connect you to the appropriate specialist and program, fast.
We are your starting point at the UH Harrington Heart & Vascular Institute if:
- You do not have a general cardiologist, and would like to obtain a baseline assessment, or referral; or
- You have a predisposition towards heart disease (a family history for example), and want to take precautions now to avoid larger problems in the future; or
- You are experiencing symptoms such as shortness of breath or palpitations and want answers.
We believe in prompt, thorough communication, not only with referring physicians, but with patients too. We discuss your evaluation with you, and take the time to address your questions and concerns. We then follow up with a written letter, which details our conversation and provides you with a document to which you can later refer.
Additionally, we offer the following benefits:
- Personalized, patient-centered care;
- Board-certified physicians with faculty appointments at UH Cleveland Medical Center’s School of Medicine;
- Collaboration and clinical expertise from professional staff;
- Access to specialized physicians, programs and services;
- Ongoing clinical research projects;
- Access to multi-modality, “conventional” non-invasive diagnostic imaging (e.g. 2-D echocardiograms, EKGs, stress testing); and "high-tech" studies (e.g. MRIs, CT scans, nuclear medicine) throughout most the communities that we serve;
- Timely reporting to patients and primary care physicians;
- New patient referrals seen within 72 hours;
- Convenient locations throughout Northeast Ohio
We have the expertise and technology to assess and treat every cardiovascular condition including: