UH PHYSICIAN AWARDS - January 2019
January 25, 2019
Salernitana - January 2019
Cliff Megerian, MD
President, UH Physician Network
Many dozens of UH physicians were honored at the Physician Awards Celebration held at the Cleveland Museum of Art, in a December ceremony that heralded their professional accomplishments, marked years of service and saluted those whose patients gave them the highest marks and praise.
“It is not only the professional caliber of our UH clinicians but also the way we treat patients that sets UH apart," said Cliff A. Megerian, MD, President of the UH Physician Network and System Institutes. “This is one of several reasons why UH has increased its focus on honoring physicians, particularly in the past year.
“Our physicians should be recognized and rewarded for the great work they do," said Dr. Megerian. In recent months that recognition was enhanced through the creation of this newsletter, Salernitana, the debut of the first annual Distinguished Physician Class, and additional recognition for physicians' service anniversaries.
The Physician Awards honorees are:
- System Integration Department Award George Topalsky, MD, Vice President, UH Primary Care Institute
- Rainbow PCI Group of the Year Northeast Pediatrics, Willoughby- Naser Danan, MD, Barbara Rowane, MD, Neha Sheth, MD
- Educator of the Year Christos Kosmas, MD
- Primary Care Institute Physician of the Year Sona Kirpekar, MD
- Top Doctor UHMG Patient Satisfaction Corinne Bazella, MD
- Top Doctor UHMP Pediatric Patient Satisfaction Carmen Hansford, MD
- Top Doctor UHMP Adult Patient Satisfaction George Saridakis, DO
- Research Physicians of the Year UHHS Mukesh K. Jain, MD and Marcos de Lima, MD
- Pathologist of the Year Navid Sadri, MD, PhD
- Radiologist of the Year Donna Plecha, MD