Frequently Asked Questions
What is UH Select?
UH Select is a higher level of health care from University Hospitals that will be available in Boca Raton and Cleveland. This personalized medicine program was created in response to requests from many friends of UH who live in Florida part or all of the year. Your membership is your personal connection to the highest-quality care – all of the individual time, attention and communication you want and need, customized around your lifestyle and schedule.
Insurance and Eligibility
- Do you accept insurance? (Commercial insurance, Medicare, HMO, Medicare HMO)
Yes, we accept all types of insurance. Please call the Insurance Access Line at 844-297-8817 for questions about your coverage and benefits. The hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Do I still need insurance if I enroll with you?
UH Select provides enhanced primary care services in Florida and Ohio. Outside of the list of membership services, your insurance will be billed. If you do not have insurance, you will be billed. An example of this would be an office visit due to illness.
- Do you bill Medicare or commercial insurance for the annual membership fee?
No. The annual fee is not billed to or covered by insurance. It is an out-of-pocket cost in exchange for participation in this enhanced program.
- Will my insurance still be billed for my office visits?
Yes. A copay will be expected at the time of service, if applicable, and your insurance will be billed.
- Can I use my FSA or HSA funds for services?
Other than the annual fee, you can use your FSA and HSA funds to cover copays and any other out of pocket expenses.
Cost and Enrollment
- Is there a co-payment?
Yes. Copays will be collected at the time of service, if applicable.
- Is the annual membership fee tax deductible?
Please consult your tax preparer for advice regarding the tax treatment of any expenses related to your medical care.
- Will I be required to pay my annual membership fee even if I do not use your services?
The annual fee must be paid in exchange for membership in the program.
- What are the different membership plans I can choose from?
At this time, we are offering one plan. All members will be notified if additional options become available.
- Can I cancel my membership at any time?
Membership is offered on an annual basis, but you can cancel the program at any time. The annual membership fee will not be refunded.
- How do I join?
Download, complete and submit the membership enrollment form.
- How much does it cost?
The annual fee is $2,000 per member.
- Do you offer a family discount?
Due to the personalized care provided to each and every member in the program, the membership fee is per person.
- Who is eligible to join?
Anyone interested in the program is welcome to submit a completed membership agreement. Membership will be confirmed once the enrollment document is reviewed and approved and payment is processed.
- Are there age limits?
All persons 18 years of age and over are eligible to participate.
- I have a parent or family member that I want you to take into your care while staying in communication with me. Is this possible?
All UH physicians are only able to share patient information with persons listed on the release of medical information. If you or a family member want to have or share access to information, please ask your provider for the appropriate document to complete and sign.
Services and Provider Accessibility
- What services are provided as part of my annual fee?
- Same day or next day appointments
- 24/7 patient navigator access
- Direct physician email access
- Web conference access to physician
- Out-of-town visitor access to practice
- Access to air transport services
- A complete physical examination
- Cardiac evaluation including calcification scoring
- Complete dietary assessment by a registered dietician
- Additional offerings may be available à la carte
- Does the membership fee cover lab, X-ray, injections, specialist fees and hospitalization?
Members receive the services listed above in exchange for the fee. All others will be billed to insurance or the member directly, if uninsured.
- What if I have an emergency?
If you have a medical emergency, call 9-1-1 immediately.
- What if I have a non-emergent medical issue?
For non-emergent issues, please call 216-844-4YOU for immediate assistance.
- Can I just email my doctor when I need to reach him?
While members can email the physician directly, calling 216-844-4YOU is recommended for immediate response to your needs.
- What happens if the physicians are away or otherwise unavailable?
Our physicians will make sure that in the rare case they are unavailable your coverage will be provided by physicians who share in providing the same level of commitment to your health and healthcare experience.
- How far in advance do I need to book an appointment?
All members will have easy access to appointments. Advance notice is not needed.
- How long is a typical office visit?
As a UH Select member, your physician will take all the time with you that is needed to care for you and answer any questions you may have. A visit could be as short as 15 minutes or as long as an hour.
- What do I do if I become ill while traveling or away on an extended vacation?
For non-emergent issues, please call 216-844-4YOU. We will do our best to facilitate the care you need, wherever you may be.
- Do you use an electronic medical record program?
As patients of University Hospitals, UH Select providers will document in MyUHCare, the same system that is used for all UH patients.