Offering a Variety of Treatment Options for Adrenal Disorders
With convenient locations in Downtown Cleveland and the East and West sides, experts at the University Hospitals Division of Clinical & Molecular Endocrinology offer a wide variety of treatment options for those suffering from adrenal gland disorders.
Located on top of the kidneys the adrenal glands produce vital hormones, including sex hormones and cortisol (which helps with responding to stress). Disorders occur when these small glands make too much or too little of specific hormones. This may be caused by genetics, tumors, infections, problems with other glands (particular the pituitary gland, which controls the adrenal gland) or other medications.
At University Hospitals, our endocrinologists take an individualized approach to diagnosing adrenal gland disorders and providing individualized treatment that depends on the specific problem you are having. As a result, your treatment may our may not include:
- Adrenal gland surgery to remove tumors in the adrenal glands
- Adrenal gland surgery to remove one or both of the adrenal glands
- Minimally invasive surgery performed by a neurosurgeon to remove pituitary gland tumors
- Medication management to limit adrenal gland hormone production
- Adrenal gland hormones replacement therapy.