UH Virtual Consult for Minimally Invasive Surgery for Tumors of the Base of the Skull and Balance Disorders
Our virtual visit services include online video and telephone appointments. With virtual visits, you can access many of the same services you receive during a traditional in-person appointment. These include remote symptom monitoring, diagnosis and treatment, prescriptions and other medical services.
A virtual consultation with a UH ear and skull base surgeon offers these benefits:
Prompt evaluation and treatment. Virtual consults are scheduled within 24 to 48 hours after you contact us, so the most effective treatment(s) for you, which may include participation in a clinical trial, can be determined and quickly begun. Establishing a trusting relationship with one of our surgeons, understanding your options and being involved in your own treatment decisions can help reduce anxiety and disability throughout your treatment and recovery journey.
Convenience. With a virtual consult, there is no need to travel. You can talk to one of our ear surgeons from the comfort of your own home or office.
Affordable. Virtual consultations are among the most affordable options for care, costing about the same as a traditional office visit copay. We accept all major insurance plans.
Second opinion consults available. If you have already spoken to an ear and skull base surgeon about treatment for your condition, it is always beneficial to get a second opinion. UH virtual consultations are offered for initial appointments as well as second opinions.
UH Offers Personalized, Comprehensive Ear/Skull Base Surgery Care
Whether you choose a virtual or in-person consultation with an ear and skull base surgeon at University Hospitals, the care and recommendations for treatment you receive will be exceptional. We have the most innovative program in the region, providing our patients with:
- A highly personalized relationship with your surgeon. When you choose UH, you will experience a unique level of access to your ear specialist that begins with the initial consultation and continues throughout the treatment journey, the recovery period and beyond.
- Access to clinical trials. In addition, our physician scientists are involved in extensive research and clinical trials that are focused on finding new and better treatments for hearing loss, balance disorders and tumors of the base of the skull. The option to participate in clinical trials will be presented to patients during their consultation when appropriate.
How to Schedule a Virtual Consultation
- Fill out the form below or call 216-220-7344.
- We will contact you in 24 to 48 hours to schedule your appointment on a day and time that is convenient for you.
- During your virtual consultation, you will meet with a surgeon who specializes in ear, balance and skull base pathology to discuss your diagnosis and treatment options. We encourage patients to make a list of questions and concerns they may want to discuss with the doctor.
- By the end of your appointment, your surgeon will provide you with their expert recommendations and your next steps for receiving the care you need.