Cetrotide Patient Instructions
Questions about Medications or Instructions
If you have questions, please call us at 216-285-5028, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. If you need assistance over the weekend, call the same number to reach our on-call doctor.
Cetrotide (0.25 mg)
Storage: Store in the refrigerator at all times.
Special Considerations: Rotate injection sites.
Supplies: Cetrotide Kit comes with 1 vial with lyophilized powder for reconstitution, 1 prefilled syringe with diluent, 1 yellow needle for mixing, 1 gray needle for injection, and 2 alcohol swabs.
- Take prefilled syringe and attach yellow mixing needle.
- Flip off plastic cover from medication vial and clean rubber stopper with an alcohol wipe.
- Insert yellow mixing needle through rubber stopper and push water into the vial.
- Keeping the needle in the vial, gently swirl the vial until the solution is clear.
- Turn the vial upside down and withdraw all the contents from the vial into the syringe.
- Get the air out by flicking the bottom of the syringe and pushing the end of the plunger so there is no air at the top of the syringe.
- Remove yellow mixing needle from the syringe and attach the short gray needle that is in the kit package.
- Choose an injection site on your abdomen (see image)
- Clean the area with an alcohol swab and allow to dry.
- Pinch up the skin.
- Insert the needle straight into the skin- do not go in at an angle.