University Hospitals Offers Leading Neurological Expertise Across 14 Centers of Excellence
Introduction to University Hospitals Neurological Institute
At University Hospitals Neurological Institute, a team of nationally recognized experts deliver comprehensive, coordinated care for disorders of the brain and nervous system.
Recognized by U.S. News and World Report as one of the finest neurology and neurosurgery programs in the country, UH Neurological Institute delivers innovative, integrated and individualized care to patients with diseases affecting the nervous system at convenient locations throughout northern Ohio.
With 14 centers of excellence, UH Neurological Institute delivers individualized treatment, innovative techniques and access to some of the most innovative research designed to advance the science of neurological medicine.
For example, we are the only U.S. hospital offering multiple hippocampal transection as a surgical solution to eliminate seizures and effectively cure epilepsy. Also, we were the first in the world to test diaphragm pacing stimulation. This technique can slow the rate of breathing failure in patients with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) or Lou Gehrig's disease.
Benefits of UH Neurological Institute
UH Neurological Institute offers:
- Patient-centered care: Our team of specialists works together, along with the patient's primary care doctor, to achieve the best possible outcomes.
- A team of more than 100 highly trained specialists in the following areas:
- Other related specialties
- System-wide collaboration: When treating children, our physicians work with the pediatrics specialists at University Hospitals Rainbow Babies & Children's Hospital. If cancer is involved, the team works with experts at University Hospitals Seidman Cancer Center.
- Innovative, noninvasive technologies: More precise than traditional treatments, these procedures often result in shorter recoveries and fewer complications. They include CyberKnife®, Gamma Knife and the NeuroBlate® System.
- Nurses with special training in the neurosciences
- A thriving research program that is committed to quickly turning new discoveries into better patient care
Neurological Centers of Excellence Deliver Comprehensive Patient Care
UH Neurological Institute’s 14 centers of excellence are focused on investigating and developing advanced treatments for neurological disorders. The following list includes a link to each center:
Neurological Services at Convenient Locations
The institute is headquartered at University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center in Cleveland, Ohio, and delivers innovative, integrated and individualized care. Neurological services are also available at a variety of convenient UH locations throughout northeast Ohio, including: