About University Hospitals
University Hospitals is a nationally recognized health care system with top-tier training programs approved and accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA),American College of Graduate Medical Education(ACGME) and Council of Podiatric Medical Education (CPME).
University Hospitals is:
- Recognized by U.S. News & World Report for excellence in patient care.
- Measured annually since 2005 by the University Health System Consortium quality and accountability study.
- Anchored by University Hospitals Case Medical Center, which is:
- The primary affiliate of Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, a nationally recognized leader in medical research and education.
- One of the nation’s leading academic medical centers.
- Ranked among the top 50 hospitals in the nation in multiple specialties on the Best Hospitals Survey.
- Recipient of the 2012 American Hospital Association-McKesson Quest for Quality Prize. This prestigious award recognizes the top hospital in the nation for leadership and innovation in quality improvement and safety. UH Case Medical Center is the first large, urban academic medical center to earn this coveted prize.
As a result of the system’s completed Vision 2010 initiative, University Hospitals has
constructed and opened:
UH Regional Hospitals Department of Medical Education represents the heart of all osteopathic and podiatric training offered within UH. Its programs will provide you with the training to become an exceptional DO or DPM in order to serve the growing health care needs in your community. Our programs are affiliated with Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Kent State University College of Podiatric Medicine and Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine.
Incorporating the comprehensive resources of an acclaimed health care system provides excellent opportunities for our osteopathic and podiatric interns, residents and fellows. To offer the widest range of clinical and educational experiences, our training programs are fully integrated at facilities throughout the UH service area, which includes: