World COPD Day
Nov 14, 2012
UH Case Medical Center
11100 Euclid Ave
Cleveland, OH 44106
It is time to be screened for COPD…so you can breathe a sigh of relief.
You have experienced these symptoms before – coughing, shortness of breath, wheezing and chest tightness. Maybe you think they are typical signs of
aging. OR you think they will get better if you quit smoking. OR you think you have a cold that will not quit. It is time to find out if you may have chronic
obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). With early diagnosis, you can start treatment, learn to manage COPD and finally breathe a sigh of relief.
Did You Know?
- COPD is a chronic lung disease that makes breathing difficult because less air circulates in and out of your lungs.
- Chronic bronchitis and emphysema are the two types of COPD.
- Half of all people who have COPD are not even aware they have the disease.
- If you have COPD, your lung function can deteriorate without your knowledge as symptoms may not begin until several years later.
- You can manage COPD with the help of a doctor.
- The earlier you are diagnosed with COPD, the better. You and your doctor can develop a treatment and lifestyle adjustment plan that works for you.
Preregistration is required.
Location: Mather Pavilion 1800
Back to Event Listings