Transfer Referral Center
Expedite adult, pediatric and neonatal transfers with one call
University Hospitals Transfer Referral Center provides immediate and comprehensive round-the-clock services for adult and pediatric patients and serves as a central point of entry for transfers into University Hospitals Case Medical Center and other system hospitals.
With just one phone call, our team of transfer liaisons will expedite the process and give you immediate access to our critical care transport teams, board-certified specialists and five Beacon Award-winning intensive care units. We streamline the transfer process and handle all the details so that you have more time to focus on patient care.
We offer a full range of services to hospitals, medical centers and emergency departments looking to transfer patients, including:
- Basic or advanced life support transports
- Critical care transports including MedEvac air transports and rotary or fixed wing for fast emergency transfers throughout Ohio
We treat a wide variety of conditions at UH Case Medical Center and our community facilities, including:
- Segment elevation myocardial infarction (STEMI)
- Ischemic or hemorrhagic strokes
- Intracranial hemorrhages including Epidural hematoma, Subdural hematoma and Subarachnoid hemorrhage
- Aortic syndromes including aneurysm, dissection, intramural thrombus and penetrating atherosclerotic aortic ulcer
- Fracture care (hip, ankle, long bone)
Our critical care transport team consists of a mobile intensive care unit (ICU), an ICU-trained nursing staff and a variety of technical capabilities, including:
- Intabation for airway issues
- Balloon pumps
- Extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO) for respiratory and cardiac support
- Isolettes for premature babies
Benefits to Using the UH TransferReferral Center
Using the UH Transfer Referral Center offers a number of advantages to medical professionals that use our services:
- You won’t spend time trying to find out who is on call
- No multiple recordings to sift through
- Speak directly to one of our transfer referral liaisons, who can immediately begin processing the transfer/referral of your patient.
- While the physician-to-physician call takes place, our transfer referral liaisons will collect the patient information—eliminating the need for the physician to record any data.
- The Transfer Referral Center coordinates the bed assignment, eliminating the call to the bed office, and arranges transport for the patient so physicians are free to see other patients.
- Text messages (SMS) are sent to accepting physicians with the estimated time of patient arrival to streamline operations.
Why transfer your patient to UH Case Medical Center and other system hospitals?
There are a number of reasons to use the UH Transfer Referral Center, including:
- Patient requires more advanced care
- To take advantage of one of the intensive care units at UH Case Medical Center, the only hospital in Ohio with five Beacon Award-winning intensive care units for Critical Care Excellence
- Geographic convenience
- Medical specialty needs
- To see a specific physician or physician group
Please call 216-844-1111 or 800-421-9199 to speak with a transfer referral liaison.