University Hospitals Clinical Research Center Research Process and Resources for Success
Our Research Process
Conducting a clinical research study can be complex. Here you will find a detailed outline of the UH clinical research process that walks you step-by-step through our process from concept development to study closure.
- 1. Getting Started
- 2. Required Reviews & Approvals
- When is IRB Required?
- PHI for Research & Data Security
- Conflicts of Interest
- Contracts & Agreements
- Department Review & Additional Required Reviews
- Coverage Analysis
- Submit to the FDA
- Submit to the IRB
Send completed form to ResearchIT@UHhospitals.org
- 3. Study Start-Up
- 4. Study Conduct
- 5. Study Close
UH Research Roadmap
Need a guiding hand? The UH Research Roadmap will help you successfully navigate the research process in even greater detail directing you to specific regulations, policies, forms, tools, templates, contact points, education and training that you’ll need along the way. Use the Roadmap as a checklist for every study to make sure that all of your bases are covered as you move through the research process.
Clinical Research Funding Support and Opportunities
The UH Clinical Research Center has aligned with internal support resources via the Institutional Research and Development department and identified strategies to help new and experienced investigators discover avenues to fund research. Any investigator seeking to start a new study or further an ongoing study is encouraged to learn more about funding resources by visiting the link below.
Resources for Researchers
- Research Checklist for New Researchers, Residents, Fellows & Students
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Non-Employee Research Credentialing
- IRB Support Services for New UH Investigators, Faculty, and Trainees
- Clinical Research Funding Support and Opportunities
- Research Education & Training
- Research SOPs, Policies & Procedures
- Research Toolbox
- Useful tools, templates and resources to help in your research
The UH Clinical Research Center Research Concierge is available to help investigators and their teams navigate various services offered through UH Clinical Research Center.
Any investigator with a new or ongoing study who has issues, questions or concerns, or would like to take a tour of UH Clinical Research Center facilities and meet our staff is encouraged to complete the simple Research Concierge Inquiry Form.
Contact Clinical Research
Contact us for more information.