UH Clinical Research Center is committed to providing new research opportunities to investigators and assisting with recruitment challenges. In alignment with a foundational and strategic initiative to leverage information technology to simplify study participant recruitment and conduct research, the Clinical Research Center partnered with TriNetX, a global health research network that connects healthcare organizations, biopharmaceutical companies, and contract research organizations to optimize clinical research and enable discoveries.
TriNetX effectively queries electronic medical records, which optimizes the data for research activities such as study feasibility and patient recruitment. Services are available at no cost to UH principal investigators and study teams.
Services and Benefits:
- Enables UHCRC to attract more industry-sponsored clinical trials through network connections and present Principal Investigators with new study opportunities
- Provide investigators with data and analytics to aid in grant writing and development of a study protocol
- Mandatory process to help determine if a particular protocol can be implemented at University Hospitals
- The TriNetX Export ID process allows us to identify patients who meet a study’s eligibility criteria
TriNetX De-Identified Retrospective Research
Interested in conducting a de-identified retrospective study? Request to set-up a Project Design meeting with our CRC TriNetX team to see what design works best for your study. We offer complimentary query building, biostatistical and analytics support when using TriNetX for your research!
- Compare 2 cohorts within the TriNetX platform to study: diagnoses, labs, medications, outcomes post-indexed event, survival analysis, and treatment pathways
- Have our team request a de-identified dataset from the UH Network, or from the US Network. This dataset includes all facts about the patients that meet the criteria for your studies’ final cohort.
To get started with TriNetX please email Kayla.Schlick@UHhospitals.org.
TriNetX Feasibility Process
- Please read Research SOP SP 201: Protocol Feasibility Assessment
- For questions and additional assistance regarding contact CRCFeasibility@UHhospitals.org
TriNetX Identifiable Patient Lists
Please read Clinical Research SOP SS-307: Obtaining an Identified Patient List Through the UH Clinical Research Center’s TriNetX Export ID Feature
The “Export ID” feature is used by the UH CRC to create UH patient recruitment lists for studies. The only data available on the patient lists, with appropriate IRB approval is: patient name, DOB, MRN, address, contact info, PCP, sex, race, and ethnicity. The Principal Investigator can request only the data elements and PHI included in the IRB-approved HIPAA Waiver.
UH patient data in TriNetX includes historical data beginning in 2015 from Sunrise (All Scripts).
For questions or additional assistance regarding Export ID contact CRCExportID@UHhospitals.org.