Research and Clinical Trials For Alzheimer’s Disease & Memory Disorders
Experts from the Brain Health & Memory Center at University Hospitals Neurological Institute are dedicated to studying and developing promising therapies in the field of brain health, cognition, and memory disorders. Our team of physicians and scientists work closely to conduct research and clinical trials to better understand and care for patients affected by these disorders.
Please see the list of current clinical trials below. If you would like more information about any of the research studies, please complete the information form at the bottom of the page or call 216-464-6215.
Some past and current research projects include:
- Study to assess the effectiveness of Troriluzole to protect against or slow down memory and thinking problems in those with mild to moderate Alzheimer's Disease
- Drug studies in Alzheimer’s disease and frontotemporal dementia
- Multiple studies of the genetics of Alzheimer’s disease
- A study designed to determine the effect of cataract surgery on the Alzheimer patient’s quality of life, vision and cognition
- A study that examines how brain imaging technology can help measure the progression of mild cognitive impairment (MCI) and early Alzheimer’s disease
- Studies evaluating the safety and effectiveness of Dimebon in patients with mild to moderate Alzheimer's disease on donepezil (Aricept)
- Studies of depression in caregivers of Alzheimer’s disease patients
- Assessment of caregiving methods and outcomes
- Studies of the genetics of Alzheimer’s disease
We are located at:
3619 Park East Drive, Suite 211
Beachwood, OH 44122