In-Depth Coverage for High School and College Sports Programs
University Hospitals Sports Medicine offers athletic training services to local high schools and colleges. Our Ohio Licensed Athletic Trainers provide training room, practice, game and special event coverage for athletes in Northeast Ohio. Our team of athletic trainers also provide real-time navigation help to athletes who need medical services.
Contracted services offered through the UH athletic training program can include:
- Athletic trainer coverage for training room, practices and events
- Injury prevention and triage
- Sport-specific on- and off-season training for injury prevention, strength and conditioning
- Game day coverage for home team
- Seasonal courses on injury reduction, prevention, and treatment for parents and athletes
- Communication with coaches, athletic directors, and school administrators
- Work with team physicians and licensed practitioners for follow up treatment/rehabilitation
- CPR certification
- Team physician coverage at events
- Annual athletic physicals
- ImPACT concussion baseline testing
- SportsWare injury and treatment tracking
ImPACT (Immediate Post-Concussion Assessment and Cognitive Testing) is the most widely used and most scientifically validated computerized concussion evaluation system available. This program provides baseline testing and post-injury evaluations to better manage recovery from concussion and ensure a safe return to play.