Process & Costs
Online Second Opinion Program Process Overview
We have a streamlined process for a Second Opinion:
- Go to our Online Second Opinion form
- Follow the instructions to begin the second opinion process by completing the initial demographic form
- Once you have completed the Consultation Form (if not a resident of Ohio) and Consolidated Medical Release Form we will charge your credit card on file for the initial non-refundable $200 processing fee. The total cost of the second opinion will be $550 (unless radiology and pathology are ordered to review the original scans and slides); the remaining $350 for the second opinion will be charged once you have received your second opinion.
- Our nurse coordinator will facilitate the collection of the appropriate medical records in order for our physician to provide the second opinion. This may include office notes, applicable radiology scans, pathology slides and any associated reports.
- There is an additional charge of $250 if our radiologists or our pathology department are ordered to review one of your previous scans or slides.
Currently, Medicare, Medicaid and most health plans do not cover the costs of a online second opinion. Therefore, the online second opinion services are offered as a self-pay service. By submitting your credit card information, you authorize us to charge your credit card for any fees and services associated with the online second opinion as they become due. If we are unable to bill your credit card, we will promptly inform you, and your request for a online second opinion may be delayed until full payment has been received and/or verified.
Once all medical documentation is received, University Hospitals Online Second Opinion Program is committed to providing patients with a medical diagnosis and a proposed treatment plan.