College & Transitional Aged Youth Dual Psychiatry Fellowship Faculty
Learn from Faculty Experts in Dual Fellowship Program at UHMichelle Romero, DO, received her undergraduate degrees in biology and psychology from the University of Dayton and attended medical school at the Ohio University College of Osteopathic Medicine. She completed her general psychiatry residency and a fellowship in public and community psychiatry at Case Western Reserve University. Dr. Romero was the first to complete the college mental health track of the public and community fellowship. During her fellowship year, she developed psychiatric services at a local university and was the founder of University Hospitals/ Case Western Reserve University Psychiatric Department’s collaboration with Cleveland State University.
Dr. Romero is now the lead psychiatrist at Case Western Reserve University. In addition to her clinical work, Dr. Romero has been instrumental in developing services for college and transitional-aged youth within the Department of Psychiatry at University Hospitals with initiatives in group and individual care. She is also a co-event planner for Case Western Reserve University’s Annual Karen & Alan Krause College Mental Health Grand Rounds.
- Patrick Runnels, MD – Fellowship Director, Public and Community Fellowship
- Farah Munir, DO – Associate Director, Public and Community Fellowship
- Erin Murphy, CNP – Associate Director, Public and Community Fellowship
Clinical Supervisors and Guest Lecturers
- Andrew Hunt, MD – Transitional youth programming at University Hospitals
- Alexandra Wang, MD – College mental health at Cleveland State University, Oberlin College, and Case Western Reserve University; Transitional youth research collaboration at University Hospitals
- Susan Kimmel, MD – College mental health at John Carroll University
- Matthew Newton, MD – College mental health at Oberlin College
- Vince Caringi, MD – Child & adolescent psychiatry at The Centers