How to Apply
Applications for the Obstetrics and Gynecology residency program are accepted only through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). Registration with the National Resident Matching Program is essential.
Understanding the Application Process
For an application to be considered complete, it must include the following:
- ERAS Application Form (with Curriculum Vitae)
- Personal Statement
- USMLE Score(s)
- Dean's Letter describing applicant's academic record, relative standing in the class, and performance on the clinical services
- At least three letters of recommendation, with one from the applicant's department chair
- Application deadline is October 1 per the CREOG and APGO guidelines. For more information, which includes a student FAQs listing, please visit the APGO website.
- University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center only supports J1 visas
- There is a one year limit on the number of years between medical school graduation and application
- USMLE score requirement: we have not established a specific minimum score, but applicants must have passed on their first attempt
Every applicant is evaluated based upon the sum of their experiences.
Interviews for the Obstetrics and Gynecology residency program are conducted on one Wednesday each month in October, November, and December. Our 2019 interview dates are:
- October 23
- November 20
- December 4
Applicants who are selected for interviews will be contacted by email. Once all interview spots are filled, we only can offer a spot on a waiting list.