Kim Nguyen, DAOM, LAc
Kim Nguyen is a Doctor in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine. She is a Licensed Acupuncturist and Chinese Herbalist in the states of Mississippi, Ohio, Texas and Virginia. She obtained her Postdoctoral Fellowship at American College of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (ACAOM) in Houston, Texas and held the academic positons of clinical faculty and teacher assistant at ACAOM. Kim is also a Diplomate of Oriental Medicine, which is a practitioner who is certified by the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM).
Kim has worked as an acupuncturist in the private sector for over 10 years. She volunteers at the Veterans Team Recovery Integrative Immersion Process (Vet TRIIP Houston Chapter) and local Buddhist meditation centers where she provides acupuncture treatments to veterans and members of the community. Currently, she is working at University Hospitals Seidman Cancer Center to both treat patients suffering from debilitating chemotherapy induced symptoms and helping to run acupuncture clinical research studies.
Kim is engaged in her work and sincere and direct towards her patients. Her main areas of focus are oncology (cancer) and internal medicine. She has advanced training in oncology acupuncture and enjoys helping her patients achieve greater overall well-being.
Kim is passionate about educating her patients, students and colleagues about acupuncture and Chinese medicine. In her spare time she enjoys spending time with her family, reading, and going to parks and observatories.
Education and Credentials
- Doctoral degree in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine – Houston
- Master of Science degree in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine – Houston
- Bachelor of Science degree in Biological Engineering – Mississippi State University, Miss.
- NCCAOM certified in Oriental Medicine
- Ohio State Medical Board license in Acupuncture and Chinese Herbal Medicine
- Mississippi State Board of Medical Licensure license in Acupuncture
- Texas Medical Board license in Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine
- Commonwealth of Virginia license in Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine
- Certified Oncology Acupuncturist