Wound Care Program
University Hospitals Home Care assists patients who have complex wounds and who may be high risk for skin breakdown. With a dedicated wound care certified practitioner, our program can lead to faster healing.
The wound care certified practitioner is responsible for planning and providing care for patients with complicated wounds, pressure ulcers and any patient with a potential skin care problem. The wound care nurse consults with other members of the health care team to ensure effective management of acute and chronic wounds.
All of our clinicians receive training in wound care management for the treatment of complex and post-surgical wounds. Our holistic approach includes:
- Advanced wound healing techniques including negative pressure therapy or grafting
- Disease management education
- Individualized plan of care
- Infection control
- Nutritional assessment
- Pain management
- Pressure mapping and support surface evaluation
- Prevention and patient education