Dermatology Nurse Practitioners Post-Masters Training Program
Dermatology Nurse Practitioner Program Goals & Objectives
Goals of Dermatology Nurse Practitioners Training Program
- To focus our substantial dermatology teaching resources onto interprofessional education for the Post-Master’s Dermatology NP Training Program.
- To enable trainees to work effectively as a member of the University Hospitals dermatology care team directed by the Department of Dermatology chair, a board-certified dermatologist, and thus optimally provide high-quality medical dermatology to the individuals and communities with skin diseases that we serve.
- Provide a structured educational and mentoring environment for post-graduate NPs to transition into an interprofessional collaborative medical dermatology practice within our department.
- Prepare the NP for critical thinking beyond the competency level received in their formal Master’s education
- Allow the NP to develop, demonstrate and maintain clinical outcomes while obtaining the clinical knowledge and expertise needed to practice at the top of license.
- Prepare the NP to develop as a clinician, leader, educator, researcher and resource within the UH dermatology health care team.