Chronic Disease Management
Living with a chronic disease can be challenging. The Chronic Disease Management Clinic at UH Geauga Medical Center is here to help. Whether you have recently been diagnosed or have been living with a chronic condition such as hypertension, heart disease, anemia, chronic kidney disease, Type 2 diabetes or respiratory diseases such as asthma and COPD, our clinical experts can coordinate your care and offer a variety of essential services, including:
- Diagnostic testing and preventive screenings
- Identification of early signs and symptoms
- Management of medications and side effects
- Diet and exercise recommendations
- IV medication administration
- Referrals to primary care or specialist physicians
The Chronic Disease Management Clinic at UH Geauga Medical Center provides a wide range of services to help patients with a new diagnosis of high blood pressure (hypertension) or those having trouble keeping their blood pressure levels under control. The Clinic is staffed by a physician assistant, a registered nurse and a pharmacist - all of whom have extensive experience in blood pressure management.
Patients with hypertension may schedule three 20-minute visits to the Clinic with no co-pay or deductible. We offer convenient hours for scheduling and offer the following services at each appointment:
- Re-check of blood pressure
- Health coaching to help set realistic blood pressure goals
- Education on how nutrition, medication, activity and stress levels affect blood pressure and how to manage each of these areas
- Direct communication with your doctor if medication changes are needed
- Review of the steps and benefits of taking your blood pressure at home
Here to serve you 5 days a week, the professional staff at the Clinic can answer all your questions and will ensure that all physicians connected to your care are kept updated on your progress. Please note: the Clinic is not meant to replace your doctor, but to support your care between regularly scheduled physician visits.
To schedule an appointment, call 440-285-3030.
The Clinic is located at: