Wellness Clinic for Chronic Disease Management
Whether newly diagnosed, living with a chronic condition, or transitioning to home after a recent hospital stay, our clinical team will take the time to ensure you better understand your diagnosis, treatments, medications and physician recommendations.
The Wellness Clinic connects the dots – coordinating and optimizing the care you receive from all your health care providers. Our team of chronic disease specialists helps you manage your health and well-being with the goal of keeping you home and healthy.
Chronic Medical Issues Supported
Our chronic disease management team provides support to individuals who are newly diagnosed or have been living with chronic medical issues, including:
- Alzheimer’s disease and related dementia
- Arthritis (osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis)
- Atrial fibrillation
- Chronic kidney disease
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Diabetes (type 2)
- Heart failure
- Hyperlipidemia (high cholesterol)
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Ischemic heart disease
What is Chronic Care Management?
Chronic Care Management is a program approved by Medicare and created to assist patients with two or more chronic conditions. The goals of the chronic disease management program are to:
- Coordinate care and enhance communication between physicians and care providers
- Create a chronic disease management plan with your health goals in mind and together track and review your monthly progress
- Help to enhance the care and treatment you are receiving
- Increase your overall wellness
- Help improve your day-to-day wellness through communication with an assigned registered nurse chronic care coordinator
- Connect you to tools and resources that help you to better manage your chronic conditions
- Closely monitor how you are feeling and make recommendations
During your initial Wellness Clinic visit, you will meet with your dedicated registered nurse chronic care coordinator who will take the time to get to know you and how your chronic conditions affect your daily activities and ensure you are taking full advantage of the services offered by Medicare.
After, you will meet with an advanced practice provider who will ask you about your health goals and from these goals will create a personalized plan of care. A member of our pharmacy team will review your medications, ensure there are no barriers in obtaining or taking your medications, make you aware of possible interactions and answer your questions.
Chronic Disease Management Services
Our chronic disease management specialists offer a variety of essential services, including:
- Monitoring your blood pressure
- Monitoring your A1c
- Ordering diagnostic tests
- Recommend and schedule preventive health screenings
- Helping you to identify early signs and symptoms
- Ensuring you understand your diagnosis and recommended treatments
- Developing a plan of care
- Analyzing medications and informing you of possible side effects and interactions
- Making recommendations on diet and activity
- Administering IV medications
- Assisting with antibiotic or hydration therapy
- Helping you find a primary care physician or specialist and keeping them updated on your progress
Here to serve you five days a week, the professional staff at the chronic disease management Wellness Clinic can answer all your questions and will ensure that all physicians connected to your care are kept updated on your progress.