- ADVANCE SCHEDULE all fibroblasts and lymphocyte samples.
- When sending samples to the Center for Inherited Disorders of Energy Metabolism (CIDEM):
- Enclose the completed test requisition with sample.
- Samples must be clearly labeled with at least two (2) unique identifiers.
- All samples should be wrapped, cushioned against breakage, and sealed in a plastic bag.
- Ship samples accordingly:
- Room Temperature: Whole blood & cultured skin fibroblasts (include mycoplasma results for skin fibroblasts)
- Dry Ice: Tissues (muscle, heart, liver), plasma, or urine.
- Samples should be sent by overnight courier to arrive Monday through Friday.
- CIDEM does not accept deliveries on Saturdays, Sundays, or Holidays.
- Please contact our laboratory by phone, 216-844-1286 with the tracking number on day of shipment.
CIDEM – UHCMC
Wearn Building, Room 649
11100 Euclid Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44106
Invoices will be sent to the referring laboratory. In some cases, the CIDEM laboratory can bill the patient's private insurance carrier; please call to arrange. CIDEM cannot bill out of state Medicaid (Ohio).
Results will be faxed to the referring physician’s fax number. If additional copies are needed, please provide additional mailing addresses.