UH Virtual Consult for Pancreatic Cancer
Pancreatic cancer can spread very quickly so it is very important to begin treatment as soon as possible after a mass has been detected or cancer has been diagnosed. And because the first step in treatment is often surgery, consulting with a UH pancreas cancer surgeon should be your first priority.
A virtual consultation with a UH pancreas surgeon offers the following benefits:
- Prompt evaluation and treatment. Virtual consults are scheduled within 24-48 hours after you contact us so the most effective treatment(s) for you, which may include participation in a clinical trial, can be determined and quickly begin. Establishing a trusting relationship with one of our surgeons, understanding your options and being involved in your own treatment decisions can help reduce anxiety throughout your treatment and recovery journey.
- Convenience. With a virtual consult there is no need to travel. You can talk to one of our pancreas surgeons from the comfort of your own home or office.
- Affordable. Virtual consultations are among the most affordable options for care, costing about the same as a traditional office visit copay. All major insurance plans are accepted.
- Second opinion consults available. If you have already spoken to a surgeon about treatment for your pancreas cancer, it is always beneficial to get a second opinion. UH virtual consultations are offered for both initial and second opinion appointments.
UH Offers Personalized, Comprehensive Pancreas Cancer Care
Whether you choose a virtual or in-person consultation with a pancreas surgeon at University Hospitals, the care and recommendations for treatment you receive will be exceptional. We have the most innovative program in the region, providing our patients with:
- UH experience and expertise. The American Cancer Society recommends that patients with pancreas cancer choose a hospital that performs at least 15 – 20 pancreas surgeries per year for optimal outcomes. UH surgeons meet and exceed these guidelines so you can be confident you'll get the very best care.
- A highly personalized relationship with your surgeon. When you choose UH, you will experience a unique level of access to your surgeon that begins with the initial consultation and continues throughout the treatment journey, the recovery period and beyond.
- Access to clinical trials. In addition, our physician scientists are involved in extensive research and clinical trials that are focused on finding new and better treatments for pancreas cancer. The option to participate in clinical trials will be presented to patients during their consultation when appropriate.
How to Schedule a Virtual Consultation
- Fill out the form below or call 216-844-3951
- We will contact you in 24 – 48 hours to schedule your appointment on a day and time that is convenient for you.
- During your virtual consultation, you will meet with a surgeon who specializes in pancreas cancer to discuss your diagnosis and treatment options. We encourage patients to make a list of questions and concerns they may want to discuss with the doctor.
- By the end of your appointment, your surgeon will provide you with their expert recommendations and your next steps for receiving the care you need.