Community Ear, Nose and Throat Center
University Hospitals Provides Convenient, Specialized Treatment for Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT) Conditions
From simple earaches to head and neck cancer, the otolaryngology specialists at UH diagnose and treat all types of ENT conditions. As part of University Hospitals Ear, Nose & Throat Institute, our otolaryngology physicians offer:
- Convenient services at community locations
- Ability to schedule online for general ENT appointments
- A referral department that quickly matches patients to the most appropriate doctor with just one phone call
- Integration and cooperation with all necessary specialists and subspecialists to streamline treatment
- Access to the technology and training needed to diagnose and treat all ENT conditions in adults and children; this includes surgical and nonsurgical intervention
Leading Procedures, Services and Technology
Our otolaryngology specialists offer a variety of treatments and technologies that deliver faster healing and result in less postsurgical pain. These include:
- Sinus surgery without packing the nose with gauze, as was required in the past; most of our sinus surgery patients return home the day after surgery
Radiographic image guided endoscopic sinus and skull base surgery; this technology improves accuracy and results.
- Techniques for tonsil surgery that reduce tissue trauma and speed healing; patients ages 3 to 12 have reduced pain and are able to leave the hospital the same day of surgery.
- Cochlear implantation to restore hearing
- Endoscopic balloon sinus surgery; during this procedure, the physician uses an endoscope (a small, flexible tube with a light and a camera lens at the end) to view the inside of the nose and make tiny incisions
- Implanting bone-anchored hearing aids, which can help individuals who have conductive hearing loss, unilateral hearing loss or who cannot wear in-the-ear or behind-the-ear hearing aids; bone-anchored hearing aids use a surgically implanted titanium post to transmit sound, bypassing the auditory canal and middle ear
- Audiology services for the treatment of dizziness, noise in the ears and other issues
- Sleep medicine services for issues such as snoring
- Speech therapy
Our otolaryngology team works in cooperation with University Hospitals Seidman Cancer Center. UH Seidman Cancer Center is a Comprehensive Cancer Center as designated by the National Cancer Institute. It is the only center in Northeast Ohio that offers intraoperative radiation therapy (IORT), a treatment involving precise radiation delivered during surgery.