Non-Surgical Options for Weight Loss Management
With a comprehensive approach to medical weight loss solutions, our team at University Hospitals provides a range of non-surgical weight loss treatment options, based on your unique needs and goals, including:
- Clinical nutrition services
- Metabolic weight loss programs
- Modified fasting programs
- Endoscopic or non-surgical solutions
- Integrative medicine solutions for weight loss and well-being
New Endoscopic Developments in Non-Surgical Weight Loss
To fill the void between medical weight loss programs and bariatric surgery, our team at University Hospitals provides endoscopic or non-surgical weight loss procedure solutions. We can help patients lose up to 20 percent of their body weight through endoscopic treatment options as an alternative to other weight loss methods that require significant lifestyle changes for success, including:
- ORBERA® intragastric balloon: One of our most successful non-invasive options is an intragastric balloon system called ORBERA® that places an inflatable balloon in the stomach through an endoscope. This balloon is then filled with a water solution to expand so our patients feel full sooner and eat less.
- Endoscopic sleeve gastrectomy: Using endoscopic tools that attach to an endoscope rather than a more open surgical procedure, our team is able to reduce the size of the stomach in a procedure called an endoscopic sleeve gastrectomy. This placement of a set of sutures in the stomach creates a sleeve that reduces the size of the stomach so patients eat less and lose weight.
- Endoscopic repair of digestive complications: With skilled use of endoscopic procedures, our team is able to repair any digestive complications that may arise in your weight loss journey. Using the same non-surgical techniques, complications such as ulcers or fistulas can be repaired without surgery.
Health Risks Associated with Obesity
Obesity affects so many areas of your health and our digestive health specialists can help patients improve many areas of health as they achieve their weight loss goals. We help our patients understand how obesity affects their health and how weight loss can reduce the occurrence of obesity-related health problems, including:
- High Cholesterol
- Diabetes and high blood sugar
- High blood pressure or hypertension
- Osteoarthritis pain
- Sleep apnea
- Some cancers
- Urinary incontinence
Understanding Non-Surgical Weight Loss Options
If you would like to learn more about non-surgical weight loss options that may be right for you, contact one of our team members at a location close to you.