Services in General Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine at University Hospitals Rainbow Babies & Children’s Hospital
The Division of General Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine is a leading provider of comprehensive children’s medical care; a center of medical education; a relentless advocate for child health and safety and a leader in research providing breakthrough advancements to the community. Our programs include:
- A key part of The Rainbow Care Network pediatric practices includes a large number of families with limited means who might not otherwise have access to care. The practice sees over 32,000 patient visits each year. It is both an essential community resource for underserved populations and an important tool for medical education, offering unprecedented learning opportunities for medical students, residents and fellows.
- The division is among the largest in the Department of Pediatrics at UH Rainbow Babies and Children’s Hospital and Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine. Medical students and residents training to be pediatricians gain valuable clinical experience through the division’s far-reaching programs. The division oversees two accredited pediatrics fellowships, in sports medicine and adolescent medicine – and oversees the university’s pediatrics clerkship program.
- The division maintains programs and specialists in highly specialized areas of pediatrics: pediatrics sports medicine and adolescent medicine.
- Child Advocacy and Protection comprise an essential underpinning to childhood health. The division oversees several programs designed to protect children from harm and create a safe environment for children in Cleveland and beyond.
- Ask Rainbow is a resource for parents and caregivers with questions about children’s health care and safety.
- The Rainbow Advice Center provides an important service for about 1,000 pediatricians around the country, answering after-hours patient calls.
- Division experts are involved in many areas of research.
- The division serves as a trusted resource for second opinion consultation for pediatricians and other health professionals