Child Advocacy and Government Relations
The Office of Child Advocacy & Government Relations serves as the liaison between University Hospitals and UH Rainbow Babies & Children’s Hospital and government officials at the local, state and federal levels of government.
Communication and collaboration with policymakers as well as other community organizations allows University Hospitals and its UH Rainbow Babies & Children’s Hospital to continue to shape the future of the healthcare industry by ensuring that what is best for the patient is at the forefront of all advocacy efforts.
While the Office of Child Advocacy & Government Relations is involved in many different levels of advocacy, one of its most fulfilling responsibilities is to advocate on the behalf of those who cannot advocate for themselves: children .
The Office of Child Advocacy & Government Relations works closely with physicians, administrators and staff at UH Rainbow Babies & Children’s Hospital, annually ranked one of the top five children’s hospitals nationally, to impact policy that affects the health, safety and general well being of children.
For more than 120 years, UH Rainbow Babies & Children’s Hospital has been fulfilling its mission to be at the cutting edge in patient care, research and teaching, while simultaneously becoming a national, state and regional leader in advocating for children’s health policy, assuring the perspective of children’s needs are fully considered when policymakers enact legislation or make regulations.
We work closely with the Center for Child Health & Policy at UH Rainbow and also the Department of Child Advocacy and Protection to advocate for legislation and other forms of regulations that will have a positive impact on the lives of children.
Some of the many accomplishments of the Office of Child Advocacy & Government Relations include:
- Voices for Ohio’s Children, Founder (1996)
- Cuyahoga County Children Who Witness Violence Program, Founding Member (1999)
- Cuyahoga County Invest in Children—Early Start Prenatal, Pilot Project Lead (2001)
- Pediatric Drug Rule Legislation, Advocacy Lead (2003)
- 340(B) Drug Pricing Program for Children Legislation, Advocacy Lead (2006)
- Pediatric Specialty Team Ohio—Children & Disaster Program, Advocacy Lead (2007)
- State Children’s Health Insurance Program (SCHIP) National Town Hall Meeting, Ohio Children’s Hospital Site (2007)
Office of Child Advocacy & Government Relations
UH Rainbow Babies & Children’s Hospital
11100 Euclid Avenue
Cleveland, Ohio 44106