UH St. John Graduate Medical Education
Salary & Benefits
Effective July 1, 2022
Residents are paid according to their level of training.
- PGY1 - $63,900
- PGY2 - $66,400
- PGY3 - $69,000
- PGY4 - $71,400
- PGY5 - $73,800
- Educational Stipend: $1,000. The educational stipend may be used towards study materials, books, journals, COMLEX3; MKSAP; Board Travel; professional memberships; board exam while in training.
- Paid Time-Off: 20 days
- Memberships: GME pays/reimburses for one program specific membership determined by the program director.
- Medical/Dental/Vision Health Insurance: Coverage as provided in the UH hospital specific Employee Benefit Plan (bi-weekly premiums).
- Lab Coats: Two (2) lab coats provided with embroidery
- Laundry: Lab coats and hospital scrubs are sent out for laundering by the hospital.
- BLS, ACLS. ATLS, PALS: UH RQI Only
- Professional Liability Insurance: Provided by UHCC. Coverage is limited to activities within the parameters of the training program.
- Board Review Course: Cost of registration reimbursed by GME one time during your residency. May use stipend for Travel per UH Travel policy.
- Training Certificate: Training Certificate expense will be reimbursed.
- Research Project Presentation: If you are selected for a poster or paper presentation and, subject to the approval of the Program Director and DIO, the Resident will be reimbursed for up to $1,000 for the registration & travel subject to the UH policies for reimbursable travel & expense.
- Parking: Free on-site (rotations may charge)
- On-call Meal Allowance: Subject to the program’s on-call schedule
- Resident Wellness: All residents have access to University Hospitals Employee Wellness Program and Employee Assistance Program.