Günnur Karakurt, PhD
Günnur Karakurt, PhD LMFT
Associate Professor of Psychiatry
Case Western Reserve University
University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center
Intimate partner violence and relationship outcomes, Neurophysiology of emotion regulation, aggression and relationship problems, Attachment-based couple therapy, psychotherapy research, gender and culture in therapy, Intimate partner violence, mental and physical health, Big data, data mining of symptoms among victims of domestic violence. Treatment delivery.
- Karakurt G, Keiley M, Posada G. Intimate Relationship Aggression in College Couples: Family-of-Origin Violence, Egalitarian Attitude, Attachment Security. J Fam Violence. 2013 Aug;28(6):561-575.
- Karakurt G, Smith D, Whiting K. Impact of Intimate Partner Violence on Women's Mental Health. J Fam Violence. 2014 Oct 1;29(7):693-702
- Karakurt G, Whiting K, van Esch C, Bolen SD, Calabrese JR. Couples Therapy for Intimate Partner Violence: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. J Marital Fam Ther. 2016 Oct;42(4):567-583.
- Karakurt G, Patel V, Whiting K, Koyutürk M. Mining Electronic Health Records Data: Domestic Violence and Adverse Health Effects. J Fam Violence. 2017 Jan;32(1):79-87.
- Karakurt G, Koç E, Çetinsaya EE, Ayluçtarhan Z, Bolen S. Meta-analysis and systematic review for the treatment of perpetrators of intimate partner violence. Neurosci Biobehav Rev. 2019 Oct;105:220-230.